Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm the least creative title maker ever! 8/18/13

Hello Babylonians!!!
Wow, what to focus on this week? Borongan zone is officially legit! We have more sisters! Now there are 4 of us here! We just had our zone activity today, which was a complete blast...why? Because we played soccer, on the beach, in the philippines. That is why. It's actually really cool to think about, but i'm suprised i'm alive right now. I seriously felt like I was playing soccer in a spa. I was dripping sweat, my feet probably have blisters because the sand was SO hot. But it was so worth it. If I die or get sick this week, just know it's from the heat ;) I'm a survivor (not a cancer survivor though...not as cool as dad ;) )
Anyways, yeah. So fun. I'm beat right now, but so pumped at the same time. Which is funny. Our numbers this week were SO low. It's so weird how you'll have 3 weeks in a row where your numbers, investigators, lessons, experiences, etc are just amazing and skyrocketing, and then the next week everything drops to "0". We were so disappointed. But we're not done yet. We're carrying on.
Our investigators are fun haha. They have so many questions, and Sister Pettijohn are learning so much, just about the basic doctrine of the church. (I can't even tell you how much i just want to read every book published from the church right now. It's out of control.) Anyways, it's fun :) Our investigator Mercy, she's 21, she's a fire ball. And she's SO curious! She's half waray/half tagalog. She's not the easiest to understand, but when we taught her the message of the restoration, you could just see the wheels in her head turning. Everything was clicking for her. Everything was making sense. She's SO interested but she doesn't understand it still. She thinks she's just curious and enjoying learning more. But we'll get her ;) Missionary work is so much fun. Even if she doesn't realize what's going on, I know one day she will. Whether it be with me or not. She'll get it, because you can't hide from the Our Heavenly Father's plan, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for long :)
I think that's about all I have time for. Transfers are again next week. I am so fine staying in Borongan. I am loving it here. This zone, this branch, our investigators, my comp. It's a blast right now, even with the hard discouraging times. Because I am learning so much! I'm trying to just soak it all in.
I love you all :) i'm curious about mission calls. Haven't heard about ANY lately. What's going on? Any updates would be awesome. Congrats to MaryKate and her wedding! AH! I want pictures :) I am SO happy for her :) And I forgot to mention it when I found out, but congrats to all the engagements/entering of the mission field, and to Katie and Tom Hall's baby boy :) I'm so glad everyone's doing so well and enjoying life. It is meant to be enjoyed!
Again, I love love love you all! This gospel is so amazing. What a great plan Our Father has for us. He gives us such direct guidelines and counsel, and endless amount of opportunities to be better, and to learn. But guess what, I will tell you right now, don't wait. Please don't wait to start reading, start praying. Don't wait to be better, or to invite your friend. Do it today! Text them right now! Go read right now! Because the time is running out. It's as simple as that. Alma 34. Read it and Act.
With love from the Philippines,
Sister Hogge








No comments:

Post a Comment